Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Always full

'So I was sitting there in the bar and this guy comes up to me and he said "My life stinks" and I saw his gold credit card and I saw the way he was looking at people across the room and I looked at his face and you know, what a good looking face, and I just said, "Dude, your perspective on life sucks"' ~Blame It On The Girls by Mika



Perspectives are a very interesting thing. Everyone has always heard the saying "The grass is always greener on the other side", but I think that is kind of a negative way of thinking. It's saying some one's life is always better than yours. Or at least that's how I see the saying. I personally thing that we should be happy with who we are and what we have. I may not have the newest car, but that yellow wonder drives all over the place and is cute doing it, and those dings on her, they just add character. I may not have all the money to buy what I want, but I do have a wonderful husband who works his butt off to give me what I need, and occasionally what I want :) I have a wonderful family, the best little doggie, quite possibly the best nieces and nephews ever, amazing friends and a life time of priceless memories. My life hasn't always been perfect and wonderful, but it has made me who I am.
It can get difficult to look at the glass as half full while attending my school, there are people there who seem to have it all and are often happy to say how they have it all. But I look at them, and I look at me and I realize they might have so much, but they don't necessarily have the backbone and cheerleaders that I have supporting every thing I do.
The grass is greener on my side...

No comments:

Post a Comment